Relaunch of the TB hub website – the home of UK TB information
Bovine TB continues to have a devastating impact on farmers both financially and emotionally.
The TB hub website is a joint industry-government initiative. Since it was launched in 2015, it has become the ‘go-to’ place for British beef and dairy farmers to find practical advice and information on dealing with bovine TB on their farm. It covers a broad range of subjects, from biosecurity measures and TB testing, to understanding cattle trading rules. Alongside guidance on minimising the impact of TB on farms, there is also information on what farmers can do to reduce the risk of bovine TB getting into their herds, both from cattle movements and wildlife.
Defra has funded a full redesign of the site to make it easier for farmers to find the information they need. The Welsh Government supports the redesign, and will be providing bilingual content for the site in due course. For those that need information in a hurry, there are videos, podcasts, factsheets and FAQs covering a variety of topics, as well as in-depth articles for those that want more detail.
There are two key groups which the redesigned TB hub particularly aims to help:
- Those who are dealing with a TB breakdown.
- Those who want to protect their herd from TB.
Visit the site at https://tbhub.co.uk/ to start exploring.
Additional background information:
- The TB hub website is a joint industry-government initiative developed by the Agricultural & Horticultural Development Board (AHDB), with support from Defra, the Animal & Plant Health Agency (APHA), the British Cattle Veterinary Association (BCVA), Landex and the National Farmers Union (NFU).
- The website was launched in 2015 by the Farming Minister George Eustice, as part of a new cross-industry bovine TB biosecurity campaign which included the Five Point bovine TB Biosecurity Plan.
- Since 2015, the website has grown and now hosts information on all aspects of bovine TB, primarily aimed at farmers, vets, other advisors and educational providers.
- The website has been redesigned using £25,000 of grant funding from Defra.
- Following feedback from stakeholders, enhancements have been made to the content, navigation, search engine optimisation and overall user experience.
- The site has been redesigned with two distinct customer journeys in mind; those that are currently dealing with a TB breakdown, and those that want to try to prevent TB from entering their cattle herd.
- The site utilises a variety of rich media including videos, podcasts, factsheets and FAQs along with more in-depth articles.
- The Welsh Government supports the re-design of TB Hub, and will be providing further bilingual content for the site in due course.
Please bring this to the attention of your members, partners, and interested parties.
Defra Bovine TB Programme.