Saturday 20 April
Visit to Silcocks Farm and Boresisle Herd of original population Hereford cattle at the home of David and Juliet Fenton.
- Activities to include herd walk incorporating breeding cows and two year old heifers.
- Visit to cheese making.
- Workshop/session on judging bulls/cattle and identification on traits for meat consumption.
- Following on from judging cattle there will be a session on carcase quality and grading.
- This visit will cover many commercial aspects of the industry and provide an insight into the farming ways of a traditional herd.
- Barbeque lunch provided.
- Local accommodation can be arranged if required.
Saturday 15 June - National Stockjuding Competition, Royal Three Counties Show
Friday 5 – Sunday 7 July
Visit to the Shraden herd, Shropshire celebrating their 100th year
- Activities to include herd walk on the Friday.
- Saturday workshops will see younger members andnovices participate in sessions on washing/grooming, clipping, halter tying and leadership and ring craft.
- More advanced members will be participating in stock judging classes and lectures, sessions on reason giving and microphone work.
- Both abilities to come together for the leadership classes where advanced members will be buddied up to support and assist novices.
- Evening entertainment will involve a visit from the Wurzels.
- Sunday will see a relaxed and fun day where members can meet old and new friends at the polo match.
- Accommodation on farm is free – bring a caravan or tent.
Saturday 10 August, Ufton Hill Farm
Visit to include a farm walk with discussions on methods of farming, process from the beginning of the life cycle and how the farm produces their cattle. This takes a look at the hands on approach of a commercial working farm.
Thursday 22 August - World Hereford Conference, Young Breeders selection day
There will be 20 available spaces on a first come first serve basis at the visit which is to include a walk around Dunbia plant focusing on the meat supply chain, field to fork process. Followed by a visit to a supermarket to observe the finished product.
Saturday 14 September - Fluffy Moos, Kelso
This will be the final judging day for the team to travel to World Hereford Conference in 2020, so a date not to be missed!
Other activities throughout the year will include young handlers competitions at all major shows